Volunteer Work at Organic Agriculture Farm
Corps Nepal is working in the field of Agriculture emphasizing on development of Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal. Emerging to promote organic farming/Permaculture to improve quality of life of local farmers as well as to reduce poverty. Its entire effort remains for the pioneering of organic farming, which is essential to keep ecological and environmental balance in the nature.
Our program makes a positive difference in the lives of the rural community by providing volunteering opportunities to international volunteers. We invite committed volunteers who have an understanding and respect for all races, religions and cultures and we aim to accommodate all interests, needs and budgets.
Our volunteer program is available to individuals, groups or families for the period of 1 week to 12 weeks. We would like to invite school groups, university students, adult groups and professional organizations who are interested in organic (eco) agriculture to create and run custom programs for cultural visits, service projects, volunteer works and internship works in our organic farms. Our organic agriculture resource center and 3 more farms are under construction. Where, volunteers can enjoy diverse culture of different communities and a mixture of natural beauty.
Most of our organic farms are located in beautiful rural villages with diverse culture. After the orientation training and basic volunteer training we placed volunteer in their chosen location as;
- Kathmandu Valley
Volunteers must be 16 years or older at the beginning of the program. It is not necessary any Skills and Qualification to Agriculture Farming Volunteer work. Upon your arrival you will receive relevant training towards the projects. You should however have passion to farming and agricultural activity and knowledge about farming equipment. If you are flexible and patient, you'll cope better during the project and successfully complete your project as working conditions. For Agriculture Volunteer program project volunteer may need physical efforts, so you should be in good health. Volunteers need to have an open minded and flexible attitude for working in a new and different environment. The volunteer should bring energy and enthusiasm to make a difference.
- Volunteers at the Farm participate in general activities Some of the activities will include:
- Nursery work: Sowing seeds, Filling bags, Pricking out.
- Reforestation work: Planting, Weeding, Mulching, Staking, Pruning.
- Prepared and maintenance of vegetable gardens.
- Prepared Compost fertilize for farm
- Prepared to plant and harvesting crops.
English and Nepali
Food and Accommodation:
You will stay either with a host family, or in a Hostel. In a hostel, you'll share your room with other volunteers and use common toilets. You'l be served 3 meals a day. Meals in the hostel can be local food or continental. In the host family, you'll have a room for yourself and will be served 3 local meals a day. Staying with a host family will provide you with a wonderful opportunity to experience Nepali lifestyle and live with a warm and welcoming family. You can even learn to cook Nepali food. Fresh vegetable and fruits comes from the Farm, creating a colorful combination of typical food and salads, vegetable dishes. While volunteering, our staffs will visit you every two weeks. During the visit, we will check on your progress and make sure you're satisfied and happy.
*Registration fee US $100 is not include
- Transportation: Airport pickup and drop at arrival and departure.
- Language and cultural orientation training.
- Sightseeing in Nepal as per itinerary.
- Specialized training for your chosen program.
- All Transportation and communication to the placement site.
- All accommodation, Food (3 Meals a day during Volunteer training period and placement).
- Volunteer supervision, office administration cost and Government Taxes.
- Emergency support and online and offline advertisement.
- Certificate of Appreciation /Completion.
- Airfare Domestic & International
- Visa and Visa extension fee;
Visa (tourist) fee in US$:
- 15 days: US$25
- 30 days: US$40
- 90 days: US$100
- Per additional day: US$2;
- Stationeries during volunteering period if you wish to use much;
- Airport taxes at departure UD$30 (to be paid at the airport upon departure)
- Traveling and other expenses out of the placement during weekends
- Additional recreational program (trekking, jungle safari, water rafting etc);
- Laundry, Internet access, telephone, drinks
- Gifts to project staffs and host family, if you wish to buy any;
- Additional time in Kathmandu pre or post placement period;
- Medical insurances, immunization, health expenses;
Note: You will also need a weekly budget of up to US $20 to cater for all your personal use Items like bath sop, mineral water etc.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail. We are looking forward to hear from you.
E-mail us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com